Kitchen Commons is seeking a Kitchen Share intern for the summer! The Kitchen Share NE Coordinator Intern will receive a stipend to serve as the volunteer and communications coordinator for Kitchen Share NE, including leading the process of coordinating a member survey, updating the member list, and inventorying the kitchen tools. The KSNE Coordinator will support the renewal of the NE kitchen tool library, the exploration of making its inventory more available, and the possibility of outdoor or online skill share workshops.
To apply, send an interest e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until filled; we're hoping for a start date by mid-June.
Hours: ~36 hours (about 3 hrs/wk for 12 weeks) between June and August (possibility of extension depending on interest and funds.)
Compensation: $575.00 stipend
- Develop a project workplan and timeline in coordination with KC contact.
- Participate in weekly meetings via Zoom (or outside) and shared “office hours” (times when we are available for questions/feedback while working on independent projects.) If unable to attend a meeting or office hours, e-mail updates beforehand.
- Check in as needed with the Board Contact when any questions, concerns or challenges arise; proactively seek support and resources.
- Participate in a two-week check-in meeting and an exit/transition interview at the close of the internship period.
Kitchen Share NE Coordination:
- Finalize and send out a Google Form survey to the KSNE member e-mail list; update the member database based on responses; coordinate and help with the process of calling members who don’t fill out the electronic survey in order to collect responses over the phone.
- Schedule and hold a virtual training with members who express interest in volunteering. Generally help to divide and assign event tasks to volunteers, based on the needs of the task and the interests and skills of volunteers. Follow up with volunteers to support follow-through and to help develop volunteer skills and leadership.
- Assess interest from members and others around offering skillshare workshops.
- Help to update the inventory of kitchen tools and ensure it matches to what’s reflected in the Local Tools inventory: https://kitchensharene.myturn.com/library/
- Process the KSNE e-mail account 1 - 2 times per week.
- Design and send one or more e-mail newsletters to the updated members list, post to KSNE social media 1 - 2 times per week, and help to plan and coordinate other outreach and engagement methods such as flyers distributed through the Northeast Portland Tool Library.
Kitchen Share NE, a public kitchen tool lending library, is a project of Kitchen Commons, which brings people together to share food, resources, and relationships.