Help Kitchen Commons connect kitchen resources with community need by joining our Board of Directors! If you have 5 – 10 hours per month to contribute for at least one year, a passion for improving low-income access to healthy food, and skills to contribute to one of the open positions below, please consider becoming part of the Board.
Three steps to becoming a board candidate:
- Review the open positions and the board job description, and get in touch with any questions (email@example.com). We’d be happy to meet with you to talk more about what’s involved in serving on the board.
- Ensure you have a current Kitchen Commons membership (annual sliding scale fee of $5 – $25)
- Submit the candidate intent form.
Kitchen Commons is a grassroots membership organization where members vote for the Board of Directors.
- Co-chair: The Co-chair acts in the stead of the Chair in their absence, assists the Chair as may be necessary, and performs other duties as determined by the Board.
- Treasurer: Co-chairs finance & fundraising committee, ensures Kitchen Commons prepares an annual budget, ensures the Organization’s finances are managed on a day-by-day basis, reviews bank statements and authorizes payments as necessary, presents financial reports to the board monthly and the membership annually.
- Fundraising Lead: Co-chairs the finance & fundraising committee made up of board, staff and volunteers and coordinates the board’s involvement in fundraising efforts.
- Board Development Lead: Coordinate board recruitment, elections, orientation and training, and ongoing education opportunities. Coordinate retreat planning, help develop and improve board process and culture.
- Events Lead: Help board and staff to determine appropriate type and number of events to hold, serve in a support role for event planning.
- Organizational Development Lead: Coordinate strategic planning process, serve as liaison to Charitable Partnership Fund, help board and staff determine best organizational structure.
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.