Curried Chicken Salad with Jicama
- 2 lb skinless chicken breasts
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cup coarsely grated jicama, about 1 jicama
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 to 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard (taste and add more if needed)
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tbs curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks.
- In a large bowl, place kale, 1 tsp olive oil, and a dash of salt. Massage with hands until the color of Kale changes and texture is softer.
- Combine chicken, celery, jicama, onion, and carrots to a large bowl of kale.
- Add dressing ingredients (except olive oil) to a food processor or blender. Blend while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. If necessary, add additional oil. (This can also be whisked in a mixing bowl.)
- Add dressing to salad ingredients and toss.
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.