Fresh Tomato Salsa
about 2 cups
- 12 oz ripe tomatoes
- fresh hot chiles to taste
- 12 sprigs cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 4 oz white onion or green onion
- 1 1/2 T fresh lime juice
- Core the tomatoes, then cut them in half through the middle. You can squeeze out the seeds if you wish.
- Finely dice the tomatoes by cutting the halves into slices, then cutting the slices into small cubes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Mince the chiles, using protective gloves if you are sensitive to their heat.
- Cut the cilantro into think ribbons, starting with the leaf end and including the stems.
- Mince the garlic.
- Add the chiles, cilantro, and garlic to the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Thinly slice the green onions or dice the white onion. If you're using white onion, put it in a small sieve and rinse after chopping. Shake off excess water.
- Add onion to the tomato mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and lime juice.
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.