Mexican Beef Lettuce Wraps
6 -8 servings
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 small onion, diced
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped (for garnish)
- coconut oil to cook with
- lettuce leaves to serve
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in 1 tbsp of coconut oil until the onions turn translucent.
- Add in the ground beef and saute until the beef is browned. Use a spatula to stir the beef to ensure it doesn't clump together. Pour out any excess water/fat produced during cooking.
- When the beef is browned, add in the tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, minced garlic, cumin powder, paprika, oregano, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lettuce wraps or by themselves.
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.