Mexican-style Pot Beans
- 1 lbs dry beans (such as pinto, pink, or black)
- 1/2 medium white onion, skin and root end removed
- 2 T olive oil or lard
- 1 dried chipotle (optional)
- salt to taste
- Sort through your beans and remove any rocks or dirt you find.
- Put beans in a 3-quart pot and cover with water by 3 inches.
- Add onion, olive oil or lard, and the chipotle if you are using it and bring it to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the skins of the beans are soft.
- Add salt (start with 2 tsp) and cook until the beans are soft.
- Adjust salt to taste.
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.