Peach Blueberry Cobbler
- 3 lbs (about 6-8 cups) peaches, pitted and cut into slices
- 2 pints blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/3 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine stone-ground cornmeal (yellow or white)
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss peaches with blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in the bottom of a 4-quart oven-proof dish.
- Make the biscuit dough: Stir together the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.Cut the butter into the dry mixture with your finger-tips, a fork or a pastry blender. Stir in buttermilk with a rubber spatula until a wet, tacky dough comes together.
- Plop spoonfuls of the biscuit dough over the filling; don’t worry about covering entire surface. Bake until the cobbler’s syrup is bubbly and the biscuit tops are browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and scoop it into bowls. Top with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or plain yogurt.
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.