- 2 (15oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2-3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First, strain the can of pumpkin in a fine mesh strainer. This is best done overnight but can be done up to an hour ahead.
- Once strained, add pumpkin to a large bowl, along with ½ the flour, thyme, cinnamon, and salt. You don’t want the dough to be sticky, so add additional flour as needed and knead into a soft, round ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough ball into quarters and then roll each quarter into long snakes, about ½ inch thick.
- Using a knife or pastry cutter, cut snakes into ½-1 in pieces.
- Lightly roll the pieces in flour. Leave smooth or roll the gnocchi pieces over a fork to make the ridges.
- In small batches, drop the gnocchi into boiling, salted water until they float to the surface, about 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and toss into the pan with your favorite sauce, or drop into the hot pan with some vegan butter and fresh sage leaves until lightly crispy.
- Serve immediately.
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.